Now Hiring for:
Behavioral Health and Wellness Specialist
Reports to: Clinical Director
The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health in Pittsburgh, PA seeks a Behavioral Health and Wellness Specialist to join the center’s team of midwives and nurses in providing person-centered, holistic care to clients. Soon be the nation’s largest freestanding birth center, The Midwife Center (TMC) is committed to the midwifery model of care and providing care to a diverse population.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
– Pennsylvania Licensure as a Master’s level clinician (LPC, LCSW, LMFT)
– Minimum three years post-graduate experience
– A licensed clinician with experience in trauma-informed care, perinatal issues, and working with diverse populations is preferred
– Demonstrated commitment to birth center care
– Providing brief individual counseling to clients who present with a diversity of clinical concerns, including perinatal or postpartum depression, post-traumatic stress, especially relating to previous traumatic births, history of sexual or other abuse, complicated grief related to miscarriage or infertility, OCD, eating disorders, history of anxiety, depression, or substance use/dependency or other mental health issues
– Meeting with all first-time birth center clients as part of their comprehensive, initial intake at The Midwife Center
– Working as part of TMC’s collaborative, interdisciplinary clinical team to provide follow-up therapeutic support to clients during pregnancy and the postpartum period as well as to TMC’s gynecological clients as needed
– Facilitating groups such as a Postpartum Support Group and Perinatal Loss Support Group
– Collaborating with the Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure clients have referrals and community supports as needed beyond TMC
– Providing emotional and therapeutic support to midwives as needed
– Maintaining appropriate documentation related to client contact
– Complete billing encounter sheets and participate in the billing process as necessary.
– Ongoing assessment, evaluation and planning related to behavioral health and wellness offerings at TMC
– Tracking clinical outcomes for clients and utilizing findings to refine TMC’s integration of behavioral health services
– Attend clinical review sessions and staff meetings.
Education and Marketing
– Present and/or help coordinate occasional in-services to the TMC clinical staff
– Participate in public relations programs/speaking engagements
– Work with administrative staff to promote the behavioral health services at TMC
Compensation and Start Date
The Midwife Center offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package for this full-time position, with potential for some flexible hours. Anticipated start date is February 1, 2017.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Ann McCarthy, CNM, MSN, Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.