The 10th annual American Association of Birth Centers Birth Institute is coming to Pittsburgh September 22-25! Registration is open on the AABC’s website.
The conference has some great community events that you won’t want to miss, including the Breastfeeding Symposium, the Pittsburgh premiere of Dark Side of the Full Moon, and the Gala to Grow Birth Centers. More info below!
– Thursday, Sept. 22, 1:00-5:15pm
– Omni William Penn Hotel, Phipps Conference Room
– Registration required. ** Until August 30, get 80% off the ticket price with special code TMC-COMM2016 **
If you want to expand your knowledge about the public health benefits of breastfeeding, this is the place to be. The Symposium will feature experts and local organizations who have been successful with inspiring community-led efforts to expand support for and knowledge of breastfeeding especially with our most vulnerable populations.
Featuring presentations on:
– The Pittsburgh Black Breastfeeding Circle
– Bed-sharing and breastfeeding
– The Three Rivers Milk Bank
– 1,000 Days in Gap City: Exploring the Relationship between the Breastfeeding Gap and the Word Gap
All are welcome! This is a baby and breastfeeding-friendly event.
– Saturday, Sept. 24, 7:00pm
– Omni William Penn Hotel
Baby, you’re a star! Come on down to the Gala to Grow Birth Centers and support research about birth centers and midwifery care and the growth of birth centers across the country. Benefits the American Association of Birth Centers Foundation.
Old Hollywood is the theme of this spectacular red carpet event, filled with lively music, fine spirits and a delicious buffet dinner. Don’t miss your chance to bid on wonderful vacations and other unique opportunities during both live and silent auctions.
– Sunday, Sept. 25, 7:00pm
– Omni William Penn Hotel, Room Carnegie III
Watch this groundbreaking documentary that sheds light on the state of maternal mental health in the U.S. The film interviews survivors, doctors, midwives, scholars, lawyers, and more, and highlights policy, research, and treatment for postpartum depression.