Childbearing Essentials is a 9-hour childbirth preparation course taught by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator through Bloom Birth Concierge.
You may take this multi-part class on two consecutive Sundays or on three consecutive Mondays. This class is part 1 of 2 for the Sunday Series - please see the class calendar for part 2, usually the following Sunday. You should register for all dates in the series.
During this time, we will cover the physiology of birth from the third trimester of pregnancy through labor, birth, and postpartum. Our focus will be on unmedicated childbirth and will cover the process of labor and birth. We will also go over comfort techniques, including hands-on practice in class.
Through this course you will gain an understanding of labor and birth, learn about evidence based best practices, become familiar with relaxation and comfort techniques, and build confidence as prepare for birth. Please note that a scholarship fund is still available for people who meet the income requirements.
Register for this class by downloading the Class Registration Form (purple button above) or call 412.321.6880 to register.
2023 Class Dates (Sunday Series):
- -January 8 (9am-4pm) and 15 (1pm-4pm)
- -February 5 (9am-4pm) and 12 (1pm-4pm)
- -March 5 (9am-4pm) and 12 (1pm-4pm)
- -April 16 (9am-4pm) and 23 (1pm-4pm)
- -May 21 (9am-4pm) and 28 (1pm-4pm)
- -June 4 (9am-4pm) and 11 (1-4pm)
- -July 9 (9am-4pm) and 16 (1pm-4pm)
- -August 12 (9am-4pm) and 20 (1pm-4pm)
- -September 10 (9am-4pm) and 17 (1pm-4pm)
- -October 1 (9am-4pm) and 8 (1pm-4pm)
- -November 5 (9am-4pm) and 12 (1pm-4pm)
- -December 3 (9am-4pm) and 10 (1pm-4pm)
2023 Class Dates (Monday Series):
- -February 6, 13, and 20 (6-9pm)
- -April 24, May 1 and 8 (6-9pm)
- -July 10, 17, and 24 (6-9pm)
- -September 11, 18, and 25 (6-9pm)
- November 6, 13, and 20 (6-9pm)
Note: Class curriculums are geared to out-of-hospital birth at our birth center. If you are not a client of The Midwife Center, you may register for our classes one week in advance if there are extra spots. Please call our Front Office no more than one week prior to the class you would like to register for.