Community Engagement Coordinator posted 5/10/2019
Purpose: The Community Engagement Coordinator plays a vital role in advancing the mission of The Midwife Center by strengthening partnerships and increasing visibility through advocacy and education, community collaboration, media, volunteer and client engagement and outreach. The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, highly organized, able to work independently as well as passionate about The Midwife Center’s mission of promoting wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania’s only independent birth center. Qualified applicants should be committed to working in diverse environments. The position is grant-funded.
Hours: 40 hours/week. Can be flexible, with some evening and weekend hours required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits and Paid Time Off.
1. Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant work or volunteer experience preferred
(such as community and event organizing, health-related work experience). Or, some post high
school education and more than two years relevant experience.
2. Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and G-suite.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and public speaking.
4. Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
5. Access to reliable transportation to attend and set-up for meetings and events.
6. Experience in or demonstrated dedication to women’s health issues.
7. Can obtain ACT 33 and 34 clearances
1. Implement The Midwife Center’s community engagement plan in collaboration with the
Executive Director and Board Program Committee.
2. Organize, set-up, implement and promote community engagement and education events as well
as coordinate The Midwife Center’s presence at meetings and health fairs.
3. Develop new and existing partnerships with community providers for client referrals and
4. Recruit, train and supervise TMC community engagement volunteers as needed.
5. In partnership with the Development Coordinator, develop promotional materials for TMC
marketing for community outreach and social media efforts.
6. Coordinate social media efforts with TMC’s Development Coordinator.
7. Track activities and outcomes for funders and program evaluation efforts.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Midwife Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Christine Haas, Executive Director: email@example.com
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.