Community Engagement Coordinator posted 7/21/2022
The mission of The Midwife Center is to promote wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania's only indepenent birth center.
Hours: Full Time, Exempt, Schedule may be flexible with some remote opportunities
Compensation: Competitive salary, health and dental benefits, holidays & paid time off
Function: The Community Engagement Coordinator plays a vital role in advancing the mission of The Midwife Center by strengthening external partnerships and increasing TMC’s visibility. The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, highly organized, able to work independently and is passionate about The Midwife Center’s mission. Qualified applicants should be committed to working in diverse environments. The position is grant-funded.
- Implement The Midwife Center’s community engagement plan in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board Program Committee.
- Organize, set-up, and implement community engagement and education events as well as coordinate The Midwife Center’s presence at meetings and health fairs.
- Develop new and existing partnerships with community providers for client referrals and organizational collaboration.
- Recruit, train, and supervise TMC community engagement volunteers as needed.
- In partnership with the Development Coordinator, assist with developing promotional materials for marketing for community outreach.
- Develop content and serve as the point person for TMC’s social media outreach.
- Track activities, program metrics, and outcomes for funders and ongoing internal program evaluation efforts.
- Serve on the board program committee and the staff DEI committee.
- Some post high school education preferred.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience (such as community and event organizing, volunteer management, health-related work experience).
- Quality computer skills, including Microsoft Office and G-suite. Graphic design experience and/or experience with Canva is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and public speaking. · Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Access to reliable transportation to attend and set-up for meetings and events. · Demonstrated dedication to reproductive health issues.
- Ability to obtain ACT 33 PA Child Abuse Clearance, Act 34, PA Criminal History Clearance, & 73 FBI Criminal History Record.
- At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States. Full Covid-19 vaccination is required, barring a legal exemption.
The Midwife Center strives to create a culture where every employee feels respected and included. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create better outcomes. We want every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, to have a sense of pride and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence. EEO/M/F/D/V employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Midwife Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this position.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Nikki Raveling, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.