Let Them Eat Cake: Masterpiece
The Midwife Center's 12th annual fundraiser party and cake contest
Saturday, November 4, 2017
VIP Baker's Reception 6:30-7:30pm. Tickets on sale now!
Main Event 7:30-10:00pm. Tickets will go on sale soon. Sign up for our email list and be the first to know about discounted pre-sale tickets.
About Let Them Eat Cake
This year, with the opening of our expanded center, The Midwife Center has become the largest birth center in the country. In the spirit of realizing a big, beautiful vision, the theme of Let Them Eat Cake 2017 is Masterpiece!
Get ready for amazing cakes inspired by classic, modern and original masterpieces in art, plus an open wine and beer bar, entertainment, delicious hors d'oeuvres, silent auction, and more!
Bakers & decorators
Professional and amateur bakers are invited to apply to enter their cake(s) in the Decorated and/or Tasting categories. Entrants are asked to decorate/bake, describe, and name their cakes in ways that are inspired by the theme:
- A “masterpiece” is defined as a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship.
- Masterpieces can be works of visual art like painting, sculpture, design, drawing,
crafts, photography, and architecture, or other forms of art like, but not limited to,
performance, literature, and music.
- Your cake can be inspired by masterpieces that are well known, lesser known, or completely original (realize your own artistic vision).
Deadlines and fees*:
- Apply before 9/1 - early application fee is $20 amateur / $35 professional
- Apply before 9/13 - application fee is $35 amateur / $50 professional
*If your cake is not accepted because of lack of space we will refund your fee.
How to apply:
1. Read the Rules and Guidelines for Entrants (link to PDF).
2. Fill out the online application form.
3. Pay the application fee here. (scroll down a bit for the "Bakers & decorators" section). Entrants come to the event, including the VIP party, at no cost. If your cake is accepted, you will have the opportunity to purchase a VIP ticket for a guest at a reduced price.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Dingfelder, Development Coordinator: 412.321.6880 ext. 208 or email@example.com
Sponsor the event & support reproductive care for all
Donate a silent auction item
Businesses and organizations can support The Midwife Center by donating an item to our fabulous silent auction. If you are interested in donating an item or would like more information, please fill out our contact form.
Check out cakes from last year's event
Last year, more than 25 amateur and professionals bakers rocked the ‘Burgh with their amazing cakes based on our rock ‘n’ roll theme, "I Wanna Rock!," helping us raise over $40,000 for safe, satisfying reproductive care. Check out our blog post about last year's event, including photos of jaw-dropping cakes.
Questions? Contact Rachel Dingfelder, Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos by Andy Johanson Photography. Cakes in header image: 2016 Best Overall Professional Decorated Cake (1st Place) AND People’s Choice for Best Decorated Cake – Breanne Gustafson of Bella Christie and Lil’ Z’s Sweet Boutique with “All You Need is Love” and People’s Choice for Best Taste Cake: “Girls Just Want to Have Cake” by Alix Levy
Pièce de Résistance
UPMC Health Plan
Andy Johanson Photography
Councilman Dan Gilman
Sloan Janitorial Maintenance Services
Eat N Park
Eighty Acres Kitchen & Bar
Riverside Design Group
Have your cake and eat it too!
Jane Barnes & Charity Imbrie
Pat Downey & Janice Anderson
Kathleen McGuire Gaines
Christine & Thomas Kobus
Cecile M. Springer
Cake Pop Sponsors
All Occasions Party Rental
Doug Stradley - Northwest Mutual
Fahringer, McCarty, Grey, Inc.
Professional Liability Agency
Risk Transfer Advisors
Women's Independent Press