Medical Biller Coordinator posted 11.13. 2020
The Midwife Center Mission: The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health promotes wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy, and birthing care in Southwestern Pennsylvania’s only independent birth center.
Purpose: The Medical Billing Coordinator supports the mission of The Midwife Center by ensuring the timely and reliable functioning of all insurance and client billing for the Center’s fee-for-service activities. The position serves as a key member of the finance team and is responsible for the duties outlined below.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field*
- At least 1 year of professional and/or relevant volunteer experience in a client service environment
- Ability to obtain ACT 33 and 34 clearances
- Ability to work on a team, collaboratively and cooperatively; ability to work well with diverse individuals and balance a variety of needs
- Ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Computer proficiency, including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite, and the ability to use Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems
- Client-focused with a demonstrated excellence in client service/public interaction skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Demonstrated commitment to birth center care and women’s health issues
- Demonstrated related experience may substitute for preferred education
- Previous billing experience with an OB/ GYN practice
- Certification as a biller or related training
Schedule: Monday – Friday during normal business hours
- Prepare, review, and submit in a timely fashion all of the organization’s electronic and paper claims to insurance companies for all maternity, gynecological, behavioral health, education, and lab services
- Review daily appointment log and medical charts to check for any billable services. Review Provider charges and request any chart or billing corrections to facilitate effective billing processes
- Reconcile reimbursement rates to contracted insurance rates. Escalate to Medical Billing Manager any claim underpayments or denials.
- Process both insurance and client payments in the billing software. Maintain up-to-date client account ledgers in the billing software.
- Verify insurance coverage and client eligibility as needed.
- Review and update demographic and insurance information in client accounts to facilitate accurate submission of billing claims to insurance companies. Obtain any insurance pre-certification and prior authorizations that may be required.
- Review and resolve or escalate to Medical Billing Manager any complex billing issues.
Compensation: $17-18 hourly commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and generous paid time off
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Julia Posteraro at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Midwife Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, and LGBTQIA applicants.