Casual RN posted 03/30/23
The mission of The Midwife Center is to promote wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania's only indepenent birth center.
Hours: Casual/Per Diem, non-exempt
Compensation: $28.00 hourly rate and $4.00 on call hourly rate.
Function: The Casual RN Staff is responsible for providing maternity and newborn nursing care for clients at The Midwife Center. The casual position will be varied and include assisting the Certified Nurse Midwife with clients and families in the intrapartum and postpartum period, follow up with clients and families at postpartum visits, and other duties as appropriate. This position is per diem. This usually consists of five 12 hour on-call shifts or 60 hours in a four-week schedule. There may be opportunities for more hours. It will be required to rotate day and night shifts and weekends and holidays.
- Provide support and care during birth, including room set up, support and care to client and families, assist midwife during labor and time of birth, and provide immediate postpartum care to mother and newborn.
- Support the family bonding process and the initiation of lactation, assist with teaching and answering questions from family.
- Discharge clients according to protocol and clinical judgment.
- Request or is responsible for terminal cleaning after birth.
- Responsible for sending specimens to the appropriate laboratory. Evaluate and transcribe lab results, consult with providers with abnormal results.
- Responsible for setting up and/or providing mother/baby postpartum visits.
- Perform various duties as needed during office visits including hearing screening tests on newborns, non-stress tests with clients, phlebotomy services to clients, etc.
- Assist provider with call in triage to clients.
- Complete billing and participate in the billing process as necessary.
- Perform follow up postpartum visits including full physical PP exam of clients, full newborn exams, assessment of breastfeeding, and any appropriate newborn screening testing.
- Current Pennsylvania RN License required
- Minimum two years of experience with labor and delivery, postpartum or pediatric clinical nursing preferred.
- CPR and NRP Certified
- Ability to obtain ACT 33 PA Child Abuse Clearance, Act 34, PA Criminal History Clearance, & 73 FBI Criminal History Record.
- At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is required, barring a legal exemption.
The Midwife Center strives to create a culture where every employee feels respected and included. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create better outcomes. We want every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, to have a sense of pride and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence. EEO/M/F/D/V employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Midwife Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this position.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Nikki Raveling, Human Resource Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.