The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health of Pittsburgh, PA is seeking applicants for Clinical Director position
The mission of The Midwife Center (TMC) is to promote wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania’s only independent birth center.
TMC has a nearly 40-year history of providing birthing options for families in the Pittsburgh region. The clientele is diverse and passionate about midwifery care. In 2017, TMC completed a 3.9 million-dollar expansion to become one of the largest birth centers in the U.S. and offer water birth, nitrous oxide, behavioral health services, phlebotomy and outreach to communities experiencing health disparities.
In addition to pregnancy and birthing care, the TMC has a large primary gynecological practice with programs aimed at reducing barriers to accessing healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced certified nurse-midwife with excellent clinical skills who is responsible, flexible, and has leadership experience and a desire to help lead our independent, nonprofit freestanding birth center. The following qualities are a priority for this candidate:
- Ability to work on and motivate a team, collaboratively and cooperatively; ability to work well with diverse individuals and balance a variety of needs
- Demonstrated leadership skills including decision-making, positive attitude, effective communication, and passion for TMC’s mission
- Client focused with a demonstrated excellence in client service/public interaction skills
- Ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of building strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or dedication to pregnancy and gynecological health issues
- Demonstrated commitment to birth center care
Education & Experience Requirements
- Masters Degree minimum
- Certificate of Nurse-midwifery
- Current PA midwifery and nursing licenses (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain required clearances, vaccinations, malpractice insurance, & insurance credentialing
- Minimum five years of clinical experience as a midwife
- Previous out-of-hospital/birth center experience
- Previous clinical supervisory and/or administrative experience, including a working knowledge of birth center/billing & finances
The Clinical Director is responsible for directing health services at the birth center and referral hospitals in accordance with state and industry regulations. The Clinical Director assists in supervising clinical and personnel functions of the certified nurse-midwives, nurse-
practitioners, behavioral health specialist, lactation consultants, and registered nurses.
This position includes:
- Up to 4% retirement matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Excellent health and dental benefits plus short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, and continuing education time
- Occurrence malpractice insurance
TMC is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a TMC employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Please send a cover letter and CV by October 17, 2021 to:
Christine Haas, Executive Director, The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health
2831 Penn Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15222; 412-321-6884; firstname.lastname@example.org
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.