Our staff is often available to table at health fairs, festivals, or other community events. If you would like The Midwife Center to come to your event, please contact Renae Green, Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our clinical staff may be available to speak in the community on various aspects of reproductive health, family planning, childbirth, and the midwifery philosophy of care. In addition to community organizations, we may be available to speak at career fairs and lectures (high school and college levels). If this is something that interests you or your organization, please contact Renae Green, Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com.
Information and Resources for Clients
In order to provide comprehensive care, The Midwife Center offers support to help both primary gynecological and prenatal clients connect with additional resources and clinical referrals at our center and in the community. Resources could include ways to obtain affordable health care and childcare, food assistance, free diapers, behavioral health care, information about smoking cessation, and more. Clients will be asked to fill out a screening form and those who have additional needs will be offered an appointment with our Community Engagement Coordinator, Renae Green. Appointments are also available at the request of you or the provider at 412.321.6880 x210.
The Midwife Center offers support to help both primary gynecological and prenatal clients connect with additional resources and clinical referrals at our center and in the community.
Resources and Referral List
We are currently working to provide an online database of resources and referrals within our community network. In the meantime, our staff maintains of list of resources that we can share with you based on your needs.
- Barack Obama Academy of International Studies health talk
- 19th Annual Summit Against Racism
- Taylor Allderdice High School career fair
- Black Female Leadership & Development Institute
- Well Women, Well Babies at Pittsburgh Milliones, University Prep
- Cultural Arts Festival Breastfeeding Exhibit
- Pride Festival
- Open Streets
- Harambee Black Arts Festival
- State Rep. Jake Wheatley Health & Wellness Weekend
- Turtle Creek Valley Support Group
- Women's Walk for Peace
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Hill District, Family Playshop
- Homewood Children's Village Baby Promise Initiative
- Urban League Thanksgiving Distribution
- Global Links Lunch+Learn