The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health
Fundraising Internship - Summer 2019 - Unpaid
(Internship dates and weekly hours based on student's needs for program of study.)
Mission of The Midwife Center
The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health promotes wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania’s only independent birth center.
About The Midwife Center
The Midwife Center is the nation’s largest, independent freestanding birth center. Since 1982, the certified nurse-midwives, nurse practitioners, and nurses of The Midwife Center have cared for thousands of clients and their families. Our providers take care of clients of all ages, and provide primary gynecological care, prenatal care, childbirth care, behavioral health and wellness, breastfeeding support and more.
Being the only freestanding, licensed birth center option in Southwestern Pennsylvania, we are licensed with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and are nationally accredited with the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC).
TMC accepts most private and public insurance plans and is a member organization of Adagio Health, which enables us to provide gynecological care to clients for free or on a sliding fee scale based on income and family size.
The Fundraising Intern will expand the capacity of The Midwife Center’s fundraising efforts. They intern will primarily provide support to the Development & Communications Manager.
1. Support solicitation efforts for annual event
2. Assist with The Midwife Center’s fundraising campaigns
- Solicit bakers and bakeries for annual event
- Solicit local businesses for silent auction items
- Assist with event mailings and other event prep
- Assist with creating campaigns including content, crafting stories, mailings, gift entry, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and as time allows
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree program in public relations, nonprofit management, communications, social work, English, or a related field
- Passion for expanding access to reproductive health services
- Willingness to pick up the phone and ask prospects for their support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Google Drive
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in fundraising and event planning, prior experience a plus
- Ability to handle health information and client stories with sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn from feedback and adjust as necessary
How to apply
Apply on Handshake
Please email cover letter and resume to: Rachel Dingfelder, Development & Communications Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org