Current open positions at TMC
- We do not have any current openings. Please check back soon.
The Midwife Center is fortunate to have a diverse team of talented staff members who are passionate about providing compassionate, client-centered care to the people we serve. Everyone who works at The Midwife Center is committed to supporting each other to advance our mission. TMC values staff members' opinions and provides opportunities for all staff members to be involved with decisions regarding the direction of our nonprofit health center.
We work to achieve a welcoming and inclusive work and healthcare environment by prioritizing:
- An organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including ongoing staff and board trainings.
- Opportunities for staff participation through all-staff, department, small group and one on one meetings as well as staff surveys.
- An emphasis on self-care and team building including, “Wellness Wednesdays,” occasional staff breakfasts and lunches and other gatherings.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote work, depending on the position.
The Midwife Center offers a comprehensive benefits plan for employees that are .75 Full Time Equivalent or more, including:
Health, Wellness, & Retirement
- Medical insurance with 100% of the premium paid by TMC
- Dental insurance with 100% of the premium paid by TMC
- Health savings account with 50% of annual medical plan deductible paid by TMC
- Life insurance with 100% of the premium paid by TMC
- Short and Long-term disability with 100% of the premium paid by TMC
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement - 403b plan with 100% of up to 4% matched by TMC starting first day. Fully vested after 3 years of service.
Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays
- Two weeks sick time and three weeks of vacation (Four weeks at five years tenure)
- Two personal days
- Three days of bereavement leave
- Parental Leave (6-12 weeks fully paid based on tenure)
All employees are required by the Department of Health to be able to obtain the following clearances once they start work: PA Criminal Background; FBI Clearance; and PA Child Abuse Clearance. The Midwife Center also requires all employees to have the Covid-19 vaccine.
Internships, shadowing, and tours
In addition to hiring new staff members as needed, The Midwife Center is invested in mentoring people interested in pursuing careers in birth and gynecological health care. We have several opportunities to learn from our staff as our capacity allows.
The Midwife Center works with local universities, colleges, and schools to host internships, shadowing experiences, and tours for a variety of students, including student nurses, and social workers. We are dedicated to providing students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a birth center setting.
If you are a student nurse, midwife, or student nurse practitioner seeking a clinical site for school click here to fill out the form.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com