The Midwife Center consistently experiences excellent health outcomes for birthing people and infants.
2022 Outcome Statistics*
In 2022, The Midwife Center's outcomes included:
- 5.2% Cesarean Section rate compared to 31.1% nationally
- 1.6% Premature Birth rate compared to 10.5% nationally
- 1.8% Low Birthweight rate compared to 8.5% nationally
In 2021, The Midwife Center's outcomes included:
- 8.55% Cesarean Section rate
- 1.3% Premature Birth rate
- 1.81% Low Birthweight rate
*compared to the most recent available CDC data for that year
Nationally, the birth center and midwife-led model of care results in better health outcomes, including decreases in racial and economic disparities:
- Read about the National Birth Center Study II (NBCSII), which The Midwife Center participated in.
- Read about how Freestanding Birth Centers have been nationally recognized as a safe place for low-risk people to give birth.
- Read about AWHONN's Position Statement on Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring.
- Learn more about birth center outcomes from the national Strong Start study here.