Staff RN posted 09/08/2023
The mission of The Midwife Center is to promote wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania's only indepenent birth center.
Hours: .75 FTE, 36 hours of call time per week
Compensation: $42,000 salary - for more information on benefits offered visit: https://midwifecenter.org/pages/jobs
Function: The Staff RN is responsible for full scope maternity and newborn nursing care, community outreach, assisting providers during office hours, prenatal and postpartum client education, and maintenance of tracking logs and inventory. May be assigned to teach classes.
- Provide support and care during birth, including room set up, support and care to client and families, assist midwife during labor and time of birth, and provide immediate postpartum care to mother and newborn.
- Support the family bonding process and the initiation of lactation, assist with teaching and answering questions from family.
- Perform various duties as needed during office visits including hearing screening tests on newborns, non-stress tests with clients, phlebotomy services to clients, and walk-in services as needed.
- Perform client-baby postpartum visits which may include full physical PP exams of clients, full newborn exams and screening testing with clients, phlebotomy services to clients, and walk-in services as needed.
- Execute outreach efforts including client orientations, group tours of the center, community and other education programs, and coordination of undergraduate nursing student clinical experiences.
- Order medical supplies, groceries, and other items as needed for the birth center.
- Organize and copy birth packets and other chart documents.
- Complete terminal cleaning of birth rooms as needed.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Own professional development by attending mandatory in-service and participating in continuing education programs.
- Current Pennsylvania RN License required
- Minimum two years of clinical experience as RN required
- Minimum two years of experiences with labor and delivery or pediatric clinical nursing strongly preferred.
- CPR and NRP Certified
- Ability to obtain ACT 33 PA Child Abuse Clearance, Act 34, PA Criminal History Clearance, & 73 FBI Criminal History Record.
- At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is required, barring a legal exemption.
The Midwife Center strives to create a culture where every employee feels respected and included. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create better outcomes. We want every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, to have a sense of pride and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence. EEO/M/F/D/V employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Midwife Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply for the position.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this position.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Nikki Carmack, Human Resources Manger, at firstname.lastname@example.org.