On Tuesday, May 23, The Pittsburgh Foundation is hosting a Critical Needs Alert in lieu of their annual Day of Giving. Safe, affordable reproductive care is critical to the health of our region's families and communities.
Anytime from 8:00am - 11:59pm on Tuesday, May 23, make a contribution to The Midwife Center on our Pittsburgh Foundation donation page during the Critical Needs Alert. Your donation will help us get a portion of the $600,000 match and ensure that individuals and their families have access to:
- Affordable and client-centered primary gynecological care like annual exams, contraceptives, STI testing and more
- Prenatal, birthing, and postpartum care that is personalized to meet the individual's needs
- Behavioral health and wellness services to help with anxiety, depression, past trauma, and other concerns
- Breastfeeding support and postpartum follow-up during the transition into motherhood
- Information and resources including ways to obtain affordable healthcare and childcare, food assistance, free diapers, and more.
Our goal is to raise $5,000. Donations to The Midwife Center next Tuesday will be eligible for a portion of a $600,000 match. Stay tuned for information about how to donate on our donation page on The Pittsburgh Foundation's website.