Dear TMC Families,
We have seen some promising data that shows covid cases are slowly decling in our area. In response to this, TMC will continue to use our color-coding zones for care, which you can read about here.
As of 2/25/2022, we will be functioning in the Orange "High Risk" zone. This means the following for you and your family:
- TMC will continue to follow all ACHD/CDC masking recommendations for clinical care (office/birth). You and your support people/persons should plan to wear your mask covering your nose and mouth the entire time you are in the building unless you are in active labor.
- 2 support people for office visits
- We encourage you to consider telehealth visits as appropriate for your care
- We ask that you socially distance in waiting areas
- Welcomed in support of family-centered care for office visits or birth care
- Masking per public guideleines
- Remain in client's room or outside, no walking around TMC
Birth care support people:
- Unlimited with no proof of vaccination required
- Masks per local health guidelines
- Masking continuously while in the birth room other than snack/water breaks
- Remain in the client's room, no walking around the center
If you or one of your family members are sick or exposed to Covid we will recommend you be tested before ANY in-person care at TMC. One of the simplest ways to get tested in Allegheny County is with Curative. They have rotating sites around the city 7 days a week and appointments can be booked here: https://book.curative.com/search#9/40.44/-80.
We also continue to strongly recommend vaccination for pregnant people and their families as recommended by the CDC, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Pregnant people and their babies are at increased risk of complications from Covid-19 illness. Vaccinations are available at all pharmacies usually by appointment only.
Read more about the Covid vaccine in pregnancy here: https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/practice-advisory/articles/2020/12/covid-19-vaccination-considerations-for-obstetric-gynecologic-care.
Please continue to check the homepage of The Midwife Center a couple of days before your scheduled appointment to see what current precautions TMC is taking to reduce the spread of illness in our building. The category is subject to change at any time based on the spread in our community.
Thank you for continuing to work with us to keep each other safe! We will continue to hope for more positive new and lower cases!