Dear TMC Families,
As we continue to navigate Covid-19, we wanted to share with you how we handle Covid at TMC. You can read all about how TMC care will look based on community spread at our website here: https://midwifecenter.org/news_posts/client-update-letter-10-5-2021.
Currently, we are functioning in the Yellow zone. This means the following for you and your family:
YELLOW - Medium Risk
- TMC will follow all ACHD/CDC masking recommendations for clinical care (office/birth). You and your support people/persons should plan to wear your mask covering your nose and mouth the entire time you are in the building unless you are in active labor.
- Unlimited support people for office visits
- We ask that you socially distance in waiting areas
- Welcomed in support of family-centered care for office visits or birth care
- Masking per public health guidelines
Birth care support people:
- Unlimited number of support people with no proof of vaccination required
If you or one of your family members are sick or exposed to Covid we will recommend you be tested before ANY in-person care at TMC. One of the simplest ways to get tested in Allegheny County is with Curative. They have rotating sites around the city 7 days a week and appointments can be booked here: https://book.curative.com/search#9/40.44/-80.
We also continue to strongly recommend vaccination for pregnant people and their families as recommended by the CDC, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Pregnant people and their babies are at increased risk of complications from Covid-19 illness. Vaccinations are available at all pharmacies usually by appointment only.
Read more about the Covid vaccine in pregnancy here: https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/practice-advisory/articles/2020/12/covid-19-vaccination-considerations-for-obstetric-gynecologic-care.
Please continue to check the homepage of The Midwife Center a couple of days before your scheduled appointment to see what current precautions TMC is taking to reduce the spread of illness in our building. The category is subject to change at any time based on the spread in our community.
Thank you for adapting with us as we continue to move through this time. We are grateful to have you in our care!